Rhinoplasty and Ethnic Rhinoplasty
Your nose is the central point of your face, noticeable to all who meet you. If you feel your nose is out of balance or draws attention for the wrong reasons, it can leave you feeling embarrassed and self-conscious. With just a few minor alterations in shape and size, rhinoplasty can make a major difference in your facial appearance. In the skilled hands of our board-certified plastic surgeons in New Jersey, your nose can finally create harmony with the rest of your facial features, so you can tackle life with confidence.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, frequently referred to as a nose job or nose reshaping, is a cosmetic surgical procedure to alter natural nose structure. Rhinoplasty can straighten the bridge of the nose, refine the tip, create smaller nostrils, and even improve your ability to breathe more freely. The board-certified plastic surgeons at Associates in Plastic Surgery are among the best in New Jersey, with the experience and artistry to refine your nose for a more attractive balance in your facial features. Their technical skill gives them the ability to correct nose structure problems to create a reshaped nose that is balanced and very natural-looking.
What are the Types of Rhinoplasty?
As one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures performed today, rhinoplasty produces dramatic results with subtle alterations to the nose structure. The procedures and techniques used in performing a rhinoplasty can vary, as every person has unique features. An excellent result requires true artistry, and an understanding of the art surrounding facial harmony.
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty: Your nasal anatomy is in part, a reflection of your ethnic makeup. Studying the differences between noses of those of Asian, African, Latinos, and Caucasian descent allows us to determine which details should be refined to create a more attractive look that honors your heritage while appearing fully natural.
- Revision Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed in the United States, but also complex, and one of the more difficult facial surgeries to master. Due to the delicate nature of the nasal structure, there are many things which could go awry in the hands of inexperienced or less talented surgeon. If you have had a previous rhinoplasty and are unhappy with the outcome, our surgeons possess both the technical skill and artistry to correct flaws or errors, whether your nose is too large, too small, collapsed, causing breathing problems, or other issue.
- Deviated Septum: The right and left passageways of the nose are separated by the nasal septum. In a perfect nose, the septal wall is straight, balanced, and narrow allowing both passages of the nose to function properly. If this wall is off balance, it can impair your ability to breathe comfortably, leading to symptoms such as headaches, the inability to sleep, and chronic sinus problems. Rhinoplasty can correct a deviated septum, allowing you to breathe naturally and with ease.
- Open Rhinoplasty: Open rhinoplasty is performed using an incision which moves across the columella, the thin strip of tissue between the nostrils. This surgical approach provides a surgeon with better access to nasal structures in order to perform delicate refinement of the nose.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: In closed rhinoplasty, incisions are placed only inside the nostrils ensuring that any scars will be located within the nose, an appropriate approach for less extensive nose reshaping procedures.
What Can I Expect During a Nose Job?
Each of our New Jersey nose job procedures is tailored specifically to the individual patient. Rhinoplasty is performed under either local or general anesthesia in our state-of-the-art, ultra-modern New Jersey surgical centers. Our greatest concern is to provide you comfort and peace of mind before, during, and after your rhinoplasty procedure.
Once anesthesia has been administered, your surgeon will delicately reshape your nose to create balance and a more attractive shape. Rhinoplasty typically takes between two and three hours to complete. When you awaken, you are one step closer to a more appealing facial balance.
Why Should I Choose Associates in Plastic Surgery for Rhinoplasty?
The most important step in your rhinoplasty procedure is choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon whom you trust. Since rhinoplasty is such a delicate procedure, it is imperative that your surgeon possesses the skill, experience, and artistry necessary for the intricate alterations required during a nose job. The board-certified plastic surgeons at Associates in Plastic Surgery have performed thousands of successful nose jobs with natural-looking results. Why would you trust your most prominent facial feature to anyone else?