Mommy makeovers have long been popular among women, but lately dads have started getting plastic surgery procedures as well. The stress of working and raising kids takes a toll on dad as well as mom, and as cosmetic surgery becomes more advanced and requires less recovery time, dads are realizing that they can take advantage and look better.
Men's Top Reasons to Get Plastic Surgery
Some of the most common reasons dads opt for plastic surgery include:
- They want to feel better about their appearance
- Mid-life crisis
- They want to remain competitive in the workforce
- They're re-entering the dating pool
Gone are the days when plastic surgery would make you look fake or overdone. Nowadays, a surgeon with a gentle touch can create very natural results that can make a tired dad look refreshed, rejuvenated, and most importantly, still masculine.
As more men realize that they can have plastic surgery and still look like themselves, more are opting for subtle procedures that revitalize their appearance without compromising their innate masculinity. Plus, many procedures do not require taking a long time off of work, which is a big plus for many working dads.
Top Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
The most popular plastic surgery procedures among men include:
- Liposuction: Many dads develop love handles or a spare tire that is difficult to get rid of through diet or exercise alone. Liposuction can help reduce these areas of fat in a safe and effective manner.
- Male breast reduction: Gynecomastia, or excessive tissue and fat in the chest area, can cause embarrassment and self-consciousness among men. Male breast reduction gives natural results with little downtime, making it a great choice for men suffering from this condition.
- Rhinoplasty: A large or misshapen nose can affect the entire face. A plastic surgeon with experience performing male nose jobs can help craft a masculine nose that harmonizes well with the rest of the face.
In addition to surgical procedures, non-surgical cosmetic treatments are also rising in popularity. Botox® to reduce wrinkles, fillers to craft a stronger jawline or augment the chin, and laser treatments to help reduce redness and spider veins have all become more popular with men.
See examples of male plastic surgery in our before and after gallery.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you're interested in male plastic surgery, don't hesitate to contact Associates in Plastic Surgery at 732-548-3200. Our experienced surgeons have performed many cosmetic surgery and non-surgical procedures on men with natural looking results.
We serve the Edison, Marlboro, and Warren, New Jersey areas, as well as Staten Island, New York.