If your breast augmentation did not produce the look you envisioned, or you were left with an unsightly or uncomfortable condition, a breast revision can correct the problem. The ultimate objective of Associates of Plastic Surgery is to deliver the best breast revision in New Jersey and to improve any problems you may of had from a previous breast augmentation, leaving your breasts looking natural, symmetrical, and beautiful.
What is a Breast Revision Surgery?
Many patients are happy with their breast implants and the enhancement achieved with a primary breast augmentation surgery. In other cases, problems can arise that require undergoing breast revision surgery. There are several cosmetic or medical problems that can arise with breast implants that a custom breast revision can correct. Our skilled, board-certified plastic surgeons at Associates in Plastic Surgery understand the psychological ramifications from leaving a complication or having an unsatisfactory outcome from breast augmentation surgery. They will sit down with you to discuss your goals to ensure that you achieve the look you wanted.
Am I a Candidate for a Breast Revision?
If you are not pregnant or breastfeeding and are physically healthy, you may be a candidate for breast revision surgery. Implant problems which can arise from a breast augmentation include:
- “Double bubble:” A complication that can result in the breast appearing to have two parts, due to the implant drifting out of place.
- Symmastia: Also known as “uniboob” this complication occurs when the skin between the breasts has pulled away from the chest wall, creating the look of a single, wide breast. This condition is often the result of an augmentation performed with faulty surgical technique.
- Ruptured implants: The saline or silicone fluid will be released into the body when an implant is ruptured.
- Capsular contracture: The tissue around the breast shrinks and hardens causing the implant to look compressed, become hard, appear unnatural or distorted, and feel painful.
- Breasts too large: The implants placed created breasts that were larger than you expected or wanted.
- Breasts too small: You envisioned larger breasts than what was achieved with your primary surgery.
- Breasts too low: The implants placed are so heavy that your breasts are now sagging low on the chest wall.
- Implant removal: You want to return to your natural size or replace older or textured implants.
Why Choose Us?
When looking for one the best breast revision NJ has to offer, it is extremely important to choose an experienced surgeon when undergoing a corrective procedure such as breast revision.
- Dr. Haramis and Dr. Heller specialize in body and breast surgery and have performed thousands of breast surgeries.
- Our surgeons have a combined experience of over 50 years. You can be secure, knowing that our surgeons have an extensive history performing a great number of successful breast revision surgeries.
- We perform our surgeries with the latest techniques and are dedicated excellence in breast surgery, including revisions.
- Our professional staff is committed to providing you with a smooth and enjoyable experience. Experienced certified registered nurses will be assisting your recovery in pre- and post-operative care. We focus on you from start to finish.
What to Expect
Breast implant surgery can be performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation with local anesthesia. The procedure will take about one to three hours. Most patients can return home the same day as the procedure. The most common types of breast revision surgeries include:
- Breast implant replacement
- Breast implant removal
- Breast implant removal with scar tissue removal or reduction
- Breast implant removal with breast lift
What is the Recovery From Breast Revision Surgery?
Your recovery can vary slightly depending on whether you have opted for a breast lift or other procedure in addition to breast revision surgery. The techniques your surgeon uses will fully explained to you prior to your surgery so you are fully informed about what to expect in the surgical procedure and recovery. Most people return to their usual activities within a few days but must avoid strenuous physical activity for four to six weeks.
After surgery you will be taken to post-operative care and monitored closely by our certified registered nurses. Once fully alert, you can return home immediately (with the assistance of a friend or family member). It is normal to feel some discomfort and pain after the procedure, which is managed with pain medication during the early stages of healing. You must not lift or stretch your arms above your head until the incisions are healed. You will be provided extensive instructions on your aftercare and recovery. Our medical professionals at Associates in Plastic Surgery will be closely monitoring your recovery to ensure that your healing is progressing as it should.
How Much Does Breast Revision Surgery Cost?
Breast revision surgery varies in cost, based upon what must occur to fully restore your breasts. The cost, as an average, is in the range of $8,000 to $14,000 based upon your condition and whether you choose to replace the implants with silicone or saline or would prefer to return to your natural breast size. A private consultation and evaluation of your condition will allow for an accurate cost, and financing options are available.
Choose Associates in Plastic Surgery For Your Breast Revision
If you are struggling with medical or aesthetic problems after a primary augmentation, you need to ensure that your revision surgery is performed correctly, and your problems fully resolved. At Associates in Plastic Surgery, you will be under the care of our accomplished board-certified plastic surgeons, known for achieving superior results in our New Jersey breast revision surgeries. We use the latest surgical techniques, applied with meticulous care, to ensure your revision surgery results in the outcome you envision for your breasts.
"My Beautiful Nose! My nose looks absolutely beautiful and my breathing is much better too. I am thankful for all you have done for me."
"The expertise with which you performed my facelift is amazing. Thank you so much."
"You were so skilled and confident. I am loving my liposuction result."
"What an amazing doctor. From the first consultation, I knew I chose the right doctor for my BBL. I can’t say thank you enough."
"I feel so confident now after having my breasts done. Thank you, Dr. Haramis, for giving me that."
"Just want you to know the eyelids look great. I look at a new face every day."
"Thank you for all the care you provided. I can’t wait to show off my tummy at the beach this summer."