Treat yourself to beautiful, radiant skin with a chemical peel in New Jersey
Our elite, board certified plastic surgeons proudly serve Edison, Marlboro, Montclair, and Warren, NJ
What is a chemical peel?
Over a lifetime, the outermost layer of the skin grows increasingly blemished, often incurring significant sun damage and wear and tear from the elements. Redness, acne scars, enlarged pores, dirt, grime, makeup and debris all combine to create a complexion that is less than appealing.
A chemical peel can help to begin reversing these imperfections, restoring your skin to a lovely, revitalized texture and tone. Our board certified plastic surgeons are able to customize your treatment, fine tuning the process to address your specific skin type, aesthetic goals and lifestyle needs.
Common benefits of a chemical peel include…
- Safe and effective for all skin types
- Stimulates, revitalizes and invigorates dull, malnourished skin
- Infuses the skin with valuable nutrients and antioxidants
- Exfoliates debris, dirt and makeup
- Strengthens and protects the skin from future damage
- Corrects enlarged pores
- Creates a more youthful, radiant complexion
- Improves the skin’s pigmentation
- Reduces acne scarring
- Helps correct wrinkles, fine lines, creases and folds
- Helps to increase self-confidence in one’s image
- Complements treatments with lasers and ultrasound energy
Medium depth chemical peels
Our medium depth peels include TCA and/or Jessner’s peels. These procedures involve placing a chemical on the face using Q-tips. The outer layer of old skin is removed, leaving a clean, refreshed layer to heal in about 5 days.
This procedure is done in an office setting with no anesthesia and be very effective for light wrinkles and spots.
Light peels can be performed with either a glycolic acid formulation or with Power Peel (microdermabrasion), which utilizes tiny crystals to gently smooth the skin. These peels require no downtime and provide a cumulative effect, so a nice improvement in the skin tone and pores should be seen after 8-10 treatments. Then a light peel can be performed on an as-needed basis to maintain the result.
The plastic surgeons at Associates in Plastic Surgery will determine the best procedure for your needs and give you a nice, natural improvement.