Erase sun damage with a potent photofacial IPL treatment in New Jersey
Our distinguished, board certified plastic surgeons proudly serve Edison, Marlboro, Montclair, and Warren, NJ
The plastic surgeons at Associates in Plastic Surgery will help you get the skin you desire, igniting a healthy glow and youthful appearance.
A photofacial, or intense pulsed light treatment, is a great way to improve age spots and tiny blood vessels on the face. The treatment is extremely easy to go through and consists of cooling the skin and then going over it with a machine dispersing a bright flash of light.
The pulse of light bleaches the pigment in the age spot, and the spot essentially falls off in a few days. The photofacial also blanches the tiny spider veins on the face, significantly improving facial redness. This is especially true in patients with rosacea. Recovery is usually minimal, with most patients experiencing only some redness for a few hours.
IPL can treat the following conditions…
- Sun damage
- Brown spots
- Broken capillaries
- Flushed skin
- Poor skin texture
- Pigmentation issues
- Acne scarring
- Age spots
- Wrinkles and fine lines
Advantages of IPL include…
- Safe, effective and FDA-approved
- Repairs small blood vessels, sun spots or pigmentation flaws
- Can combat acne scarring
- Reduces enlarged pores
- Treats rosacea and diffuse redness
- Boosts collagen growth
- Improves skin texture
- Well-combined with chemical peels, microdermabrasion and medical facials
Who is a good candidate for IPL treatment?
The best candidates will have the following qualities:
- Fairer skin that has not been artificially or organically tanned
- Good skin elasticity
- Skin damage from the elements
- Skin imperfections from the aging process
- Enlarged pores or acne scarring
- Unhappiness with the general appearance of the complexion
- In good health, both physically and mentally
- No major medical issues
- Realistic expectations for improvement rather than perfection
- Willingness to adhere to the surgeon’s instructions before and after treatment
- Willingness to continue treatment until the desired goal is reached
Where will my IPL procedure be performed?
All of our cosmetic treatments take place at one of our accredited outpatient facilities in NJ. These state-of-the-art medical centers provide you with world class technology and equipment in a tranquil, relaxing atmosphere where discretion, convenience and personalized attention are the norm rather than the exception. Naturally, we adhere the highest standards of safety and cleanliness just as any reputable hospital in the area.