A mini-facelift is a simpler version of a traditional facelift suitable for patients without severe signs of aging. It’s also known as a “weekend facelift” because it involves a far shorter recovery period than the complete facelift yet provides stellar results. The procedure isn’t as dramatic as a traditional facelift, but it nevertheless takes years off your face.
What is a Mini-Facelift?
A mini-facelift is a personalized facial surgery that tightens the sagging skin tissues by pulling the skin upwards and removing the excess skin tissues. This procedure doesn’t remove deep jowls and excessive sagging, but it turns back the clock by several years, giving you more time with youthful skin. The incisions used for a mini-facelift are far smaller, significantly reducing the recovery period.
- Reverses the early signs of aging
- Relatively non-aggressive with smaller incisions
- The scars are concealed behind the ears or around the hairline
- Tightens the skin tissues and enhances facial contours
- The recovery period only lasts a week or two
- Reverses 5 to 10 years of age from your face
- No obvious signs of cosmetic manipulation
- Early signs of aging and jowls
- Mild to moderate skin laxity
- Don’t yet need or want a full facelift
- In generally good physical and mental health
- No history of blood disorders or healing problems
- Non-smoker or willing to stop smoking
- Not pregnant or nursing
Your Mini-Facelift Consultation
Your mini-facelift consultation is your chance to clarify all your concerns about the surgery. Your surgeon will carefully examine your facial skin, discuss your cosmetic goals, review your medical history, and present your treatment options. They’ll determine if you’re a suitable candidate for a mini-facelift or if you could benefit more from another facelift technique. And finally, they’ll answer all your questions and take you through every step of the procedure. You should walk out of the clinic knowing exactly what you must do before and after the procedure.
The clinician delivers local anesthesia with IV sedation to ensure you’re physically and emotionally comfortable during the entire procedure. The specific details of the facelift may depend on the surgeon’s curated treatment plan, but the following is a brief overview of the steps.
- A small incision is made from the hairline to the back of the ear. Unlike a traditional facelift, the incision doesn’t go towards the forehead.
- The SMAS muscle (superficial muscular aponeurotic system) on the face is raised with the excess skin tissues.
- The excess skin tissues are trimmed away to tighten the remaining skin over your face.
- The incision is closed with sutures.
You may experience mild pain, swelling, and bruising for a few days after the surgery. You’ll have to arrange for someone to drive you home and stay with you for the first two days. Most patients can resume normal house-bound activities in two days and return to work in a week or two. However, you should avoid strenuous workouts and physical exertion for at least two weeks.
You must also avoid certain medications, alcohol, nicotine, and supplements that interfere with the recovery process. Everyone heals and recovers at their own pace — listen to your body, and contact your surgeon if something feels off.
FAQs | Mini Facelift
Q. How can I prepare for the mini-facelift procedure?
- Stop taking anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications about two weeks before the procedure.
- Stop smoking or consuming nicotine in any form four weeks before the procedure.
- Don’t drink alcoholic beverages for at least two days before the procedure.
- Don’t eat or drink anything about six hours before the procedure.
- Arrange to have a friend or relative drive you back from the clinic and stay with you for a day or two.
Q. How long do the mini-facelift results last?
Mini-facelift takes 5 to 10 years off your face, but it doesn’t stop the aging process. As such, over time, the wrinkles and skin laxity will find their way back into your face, but you’ll always look 5 to 10 years younger than you would without the procedure.
Q. Will my face look pulled?
No. The “pulled” look appears when inexperienced surgeons trim away excessive skin tissue, making your skin look overly taut. The board-certified surgical specialists at Associates in Plastic Surgery favor conservative treatments with natural results. You can go through our before-and-after pictures to be assured of the naturalness of the results for yourself.
"My Beautiful Nose! My nose looks absolutely beautiful and my breathing is much better too. I am thankful for all you have done for me."
"The expertise with which you performed my facelift is amazing. Thank you so much."
"You were so skilled and confident. I am loving my liposuction result."
Brazilian Butt Lift
"What an amazing doctor. From the first consultation, I knew I chose the right doctor for my BBL. I can’t say thank you enough."
"I feel so confident now after having my breasts done. Thank you, Dr. Haramis, for giving me that."
"Just want you to know the eyelids look great. I look at a new face every day."
"Thank you for all the care you provided. I can’t wait to show off my tummy at the beach this summer."