Experience the age-defying wonders of treatment with facial fillers in New Jersey such as Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, and Sculptra.
Our highly experienced, board certified plastic surgeons serve Edison, Marlboro, Montclair, and Warren, NJ
There are many different types of injectable facial fillers that can be used for wrinkles, folds in the face, and the lips, as evidenced by the large array of advertising campaigns in magazines and on television.
At Associates in Plastic Surgery in New Jersey, you can be assured that we only use materials that are well-tested and scientifically shown to work. We do not use gimmick procedures to just get patients in the door.
Facial fillers in NJ are most commonly used for the folds between the nose and lips (nasolabial, NL folds, or laugh lines) and between the lips and chin (labiomandibular, LM folds, or drool lines) as a way of replenishing lost volume.
As we age, two things typically happen to the midface. First, the cheeks fall as a result of gravity, and second, you lose fat volume in the areas of the NL and LM folds. Wrinkle removal with injectable fillers is quick and painless. The different materials used to replenish the lost volume are:
1. Juvederm, Bellatero, Restylane, Voluma, Bellafil are all hyaluronic acid products. Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of the skin, so no skin allergy test is needed. These products are typically used to fill the NL and LM folds, as well as other wrinkles on the face. They can also be used to enhance the lips and to fill the crease that sometimes forms under the eye (the tear trough). Since this is a very natural substance, you don’t have to worry about side effects, and the results can last anywhere from 6-8 months.
2. Radiesse is a formulation of calcium hydroxyapitite, which is also a common substance in the body that is nonreactive. It is utilized to fill in the NL and LM folds as well as the cheeks. It produces a fuller result than Restylane and may last up to a year.
3. Sculptra is Poly-L-lactic acid that works within the deep dermis to replace lost collagen. It can be used in the nasolabial folds as well as other areas on the face, such as hollow cheeks or temporal regions. The average number of injections is three and the results can last up to two years.
4. Fat can be harvested from areas such as the love handles or abdomen and processed for injection. Your fat can then be injected into the NL and LM folds, the cheeks, lips, and the hollow tear troughs under the eyes. Remaining fat is then conveniently frozen and stored for subsequent injections that will build nice, natural, long lasting results.
5. PRP injections use your own blood for a natural rejuvenation that doesn't require any chemicals, drugs, or surgery. We will extract the platelets from your blood, which contain energy and growth factors to repair damage and stimulate new collagen growth in any part of the body. It works especially well for the skin, and is a quick procedure that takes only around 15 minutes. We recommend three sessions spaced every two weeks for optimal results.
Our physicians will discuss all of the facial fillers in New Jersey options with you. Most procedures such as Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, collagen, or silicone can be done on the day of your consultation. A numbing injection minimizes any pain, and then the injection is carried out.
Usually some swelling will occur for less than a day. Occasionally, you will get some minor bruising, which can be covered with makeup. The injectable should look smooth and natural, and rarely a small bump may be present that will resolve with massage of the area. The minimally-invasive procedure provides natural-looking wrinkle removal in a short amount of time.