Revitalize your silhouette with a youthful breast lift with implants
Our plastic surgeons serve Edison, Marlboro, West Orange, and Warren, New Jersey
Breasts change throughout a woman's lifetime. With aging, gravity causes them to droop. Also, having children can cause them to deflate. Finally, many people lose weight, which can also cause a flat appearance. For these individuals, breast implants with a breast lift, or mastopexy, may be the best procedure for them.
Leading board certified plastic surgeons, Dr. Haramis and Dr. Heller, have a large amount of experience with this breast augmentation procedure, and over the last 25 years, have worked to customize their approach to each patient, because each patient is unique beauty ideals, anatomy, and goals for the procedure.
Benefits of a Breast Lift Surgery may include…
A breast lift with implants can address breast sagging and decreased breast volume. It can also:
- Improvement of the nipple’s appearance and placement
- Provide relief of chafing or skin irritation in the breast area
- Correct asymmetry in the breasts
- Increase in physical energy
- Boost in self-confidence and self-esteem
- Offer a better fit in swimwear, eveningwear and everyday clothing
- Provide perkier, more youthful breast aesthetic overall
- Create a more balanced and proportionate breast silhouette
- Is an excellent combination procedure to accompany a breast augmentation or breast reduction
- Is an outpatient procedure
Who Is a Good Candidate For a Breast Lift?
Ideally, clients should seeking a breast lift with implants should:
- be physically and mentally healthy, with no major medical issues
- have realistic expectations for improvement rather than perfection
- suffer from sagging, deflated breasts with a loss of skin elasticity
- suffer from low-hanging or downward-pointing nipples
- suffer from lowered self-confidence because of their breast appearance
Breast Lift Procedure
Breast lift with implant procedures are performed in our accredited surgery center in New Jersey under IV sedation or general anesthesia. There are a varitye of breast lift techniques available. The one that’s right for you will be determined by your surgeon and is based on several factors such as the degree of excess skin and sagging breast tissue, the placement of the areola, breast skin elasticity, and even the breast shape and size.1 During the proecdure, you’ll arrive at our accredited surgical facility and after afinal review of yoru treatment plan you’ll be placed under sedation or general anesthesia. The your surgeon will make one of three incision options, reshaping the breast and then adding the breast implant into the breast pocket. Once your surgeon has closed all the sutures, you’ll be dressed in a surgical bra and moved to the recovery room.
Generally, when performing a breast lift in tandem with an augmentation procedure, the implant cannot be too large because it will be hard to close the breast lift incisions. The implant simply gives back some of the fullness in the upper breast that has been lost. There are three types of incisions commonly used for breast lift surgery:
- Periareolar incisions are indicated for breasts with minimal sagging and are located under the bottom half of the nipple Circumvertical or lollipop incisions are indicated for for moderate sagging and are located around the entire nipple and typically have a vertical extension
- Inverted T or anchor incisions are indicated for severe sagging and are located around the nipple with a vertical extension and a horizontal extension)
Recovery After Breast Implants With Lift
Following your surgery, you will be discharged home the same day with a bandage and wrap in place. Some soreness, swelling, and bruising may occur, and muscle relaxants, painkillers, and antibiotics will be prescribed. You should plan to sleep at a 45 degree angle for the first week and avoid heavy lifting for at least three weeks.
The breasts will often appear too high to begin with, but will fall nicely into position in subsequent weeks. Patients can typically return to work in 10 days, with no strenuous activity for 2-3 weeks.
FAQs About Breast Lift With Implants
Yes. Because cosmetic procedures for the breasts don’t modify the anatomy that allows for breastfeeding most new mothers who have undergone breast lift with implants find that they can breastfeed.2
While your breast lift with implants results will be long-lasting, they are a part of your body and subject to change due to weight fluctuations, especially weight loss, and the natural aging process.
Yes, as a matter of fact many of our patients decide to combine their breast lift with additional body contouring surgical procedures such as a tummy tuck, liposuction, and even facelift. This type of full body rejuvenation is often called a mommy makeover.
1 ASPS. What are the steps of a breast lift procedure? Available: https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/breast-lift/procedure. Accessed December 3, 2021.
2 Cleveland Clinic. Breastfeeding after Breast or Nipple Surgery. Available: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/15585-breastfeeding-after-breast-or-nipple-surgery. Accessed December 3, 2021.
"My Beautiful Nose! My nose looks absolutely beautiful and my breathing is much better too. I am thankful for all you have done for me."
"The expertise with which you performed my facelift is amazing. Thank you so much."
"You were so skilled and confident. I am loving my liposuction result."
"What an amazing doctor. From the first consultation, I knew I chose the right doctor for my BBL. I can’t say thank you enough."
"I feel so confident now after having my breasts done. Thank you, Dr. Haramis, for giving me that."
"Just want you to know the eyelids look great. I look at a new face every day."
"Thank you for all the care you provided. I can’t wait to show off my tummy at the beach this summer."